Dr Stephan Gordts
- Ambulatory endoscopic exploration: hysteroscopy
- Transvaginal laparoscopy
- Endoscopic reproductive surgery
- Endometriosis (pain, infertility, adolescents)
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Reconstructive genital surgery
- Repeated miscarriage
- Assisted procreation: intra uterine insemination, IVF, ICSI
- PGT (pre-implantation genetic testing)
- Egg cell and sperm donation
- One stop fertility exploration
Dr. Stephan Gordts graduated from the Catholic University of Leuven, where he was trained in OBGYN from 1973-1977. He then did two years of research at the KUL and was trained in microsurgery. Since 1978 his main clinical interest and his entire career has been devoted to reproductive medicine. He is an expert in microsurgical procedures and surgical laparoscopies. In 1982 he followed a postgraduate course in ART at Monash University, Melbourne. As a responsible physician for the IVF program, he was closely involved in the birth of the first IVF baby in Belgium in June 1983. In 1984 he founded “Leuven Institute for Fertility & Embryology (LIFE)”, where he still is the scientific director.
From 1992-1995 he was an associate professor at the Department of Gynecology at the UCL (Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels), where he was director of the IVF unit.
He has always been interested in minimally invasive techniques and consequently introduced in 1998 the new technique of transvaginal hydro-laparoscopy and the concept of the one-stop fertility clinic. He has written more than 100 publications in peer-reviewed international journals and chapters in books.